Thursday, September 11, 2008

Papapver growth stage



Hello and welcome to my new new post, this time I have some pictures of the 13 established poppies from the winter sowing. Tho the right is one of my gardens with 12 well established somniferum poppies at the front. Although they are not visible, there are quite a few 2 leaved seedling filling the rest of the garden. To the left is my favorite and most loved poppy and the peg next to it is for size comparison. I am Hanging for the upcoming seedlings n my gardens, which are now just emerging from sowing more seed last week. The poppy pictured right is grown from s 'supermarket' seed, Hoyts brand to be exact! An interesting phenomena is that the poppies are falling over again! I heard they do it when they're young but this is the first time I have cultivated poppies this year and it is so exciting to grow the most controversial plant in the world.

People if you read this, please provide me with some tips if you are a papaver somniferum grower! Until next time, Ton







2 comments:

wolfman said...

Hi great pictures but I was hoping to find how many weeks each stage is. If you get this could you tell me how old the one in the pot is ? Thanks

Unknown said...

I ordered an ounce of golden papavier seed 60k for 25 bucks they also have white pansjir and a couple others its been a week maybe 8 days I have hundreds of sprouts and one huge one like the ones in these pics