Saturday, September 6, 2008

Snails...

Firstly I'd like to begin this blog by cursing snails to Hell!

Anyway, many more poppy seedlings have sprouted over the past couple of days although not as fast as I'd like them to! Not spectacular enough to take pics of yet, although I imagine by next Friday ALL the seeds I've sown should have sprouted by then. I can see that there will e many sprouts and I will have to partake of the thinning (murdering) process, a most despised task as I want every plant to be able to grow.

Yesterday I acquired two small seashell shaped plastic sand pits which I enthusiastically filled with premium grade potting mix and garden soil to make a mini garden out of them. Again, I scattered Drama Queen poppy and Persian White poppy into these, I look forward to posting the pics when these ones sprout.

Also, I received a small handful of Cosmos seeds yesterday which shall be sown today, if I can find the room for them!

Until next time,


1 comment:

wolfman said...

Anything I can do to discourage (kill) snails
Thanks again for everything